The GREAT Scholarship UK for International Students is an opportunity for you to further your education in an English country. So, read on to find out the eligibility, how to apply, and also the tips that will help increase your chance of getting the scholarship.
GREAT Scholarship UK
The Great Scholarships in the UK for International Students are offered by the UK Government/British Council.
These scholarships aim to support students from 14 countries in pursuing one-year taught postgraduate courses at 49 universities across England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
The scholarship provides £10,000 towards tuition fees for eligible Master’s programs. There are approximately 200 scholarships available.
GREAT Scholarship UK Eligibility
Before you apply for the scholarship, make sure that you meet the following requirements:
1. You must be a student from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey, or Vietnam.
2. Also, you must have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area.
3. English language proficiency is required. You will have to meet the UK Higher Education Institution (HEI) standards.
4. Each country has its specific eligibility criteria, which can be found on the official website.
How to Apply for GREAT Scholarship
Follow the steps below to apply:
1. Visit the official website of the GREAT Scholarship that is offered by the British Council.
2. Click on your country
3. Then follow the instructions provided to apply for the scholarship. Check the application dates and deadline below.
Tips for Applying for the GREAT Scholarship
The tips below will help and direct you as you apply for the scholarship. Just follow these tips below:
1. Ensure Eligibility and Stick to the Word Limit
Fulfill the scholarship’s eligibility criteria and strictly adhere to the word limit in your application. This ensures you pass the initial screening and go to the next stage where they will review your application is reviewed.
2. Highlight Your Achievements
Share your accomplishments to demonstrate your worth. Do not hesitate to talk about your achievements and extra activities over the years.
Showcase how these experiences have been beneficial, emphasizing the skills you gained and how you intend to apply them.
3. No Right or Wrong Answers
Be candid about your experiences. There are no right or wrong answers. Share your story, capabilities, and ambitions in a way that maximizes the limited space available. Craft your responses like a compelling story that reflects positively on your involvement in various activities.
4. Discuss the Impact on Your Life
Articulate how receiving the scholarship will impact your life personally and professionally. Share your aspirations and how the scholarship aligns with your career goals.
5. Emphasize Benefits for Your Home Country
Illustrate how the knowledge, skills, and experiences gained through the scholarship will not only contribute to your personal and professional growth but also benefit your home country.
Highlight your short-term and long-term ambitions and emphasize the value the scholarship adds to your home community.
6. Persistence and Learning
Have the courage to apply and don’t give up if you fail on your first attempt. Consider it a learning experience.
Seek feedback from the panel if possible and use that information to improve your future scholarship applications. Remember that persistence is key, and there are always alternative options to achieve your goals.
- Application Starts: May/June Annually
- Application Deadline: October/November Annually
The GREAT Scholarship stands as a beacon for international students aspiring to pursue postgraduate studies in the UK.
Aspiring scholars are to approach the application process with diligence, authenticity, and a clear articulation of their aspirations.
By doing so, you can not only unlock financial support but also join a prestigious network of global scholars contributing to enriching academic communities in the United Kingdom. Good luck!